Q4 revenues were $16.2 million up by 14% q-o-q. Net income for the period was $2 million. Enterprise and Datacenter segment fetched the most - 73% of the sales. Remaining 27% was brought in by access service provider, consumer broadband software services segments. Geographically China, Europe, Japan and Taiwan were significant business contributors for the company.
Cavium announced development of OCTEON Plus CN50XX MIPS64 embedded processor family which has a wide usage in the communications area for the devices like VoIP gateways, etc.In the quarter, Cavium sampled 56XX, 57XX and 50XX processors in evaluation boards to over 15 customers (existing and new) and shipped 2,000 sample parts. During the period Octeon processor family received major attention. Lanbird, Wind River, H3C, Interphase, Aruba, Emerson Network Power, Broadcom, Pulse~Link, Packeteer, etc were some of the companies that announced using Octeon.
Cavium together with AFORE and GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms announced that they are working on delivering a Carrier Grade Ethernet platform providing reliability equivalent to SONET.